Support & Protections
All employees are expected to familiarize themselves with university policies. In this section we highlight a few of those policies that are of particular importance to faculty members.
- Academic Freedom: All faculty are guaranteed academic freedom as set forth in the 1940 Statement of Principles of Academic Freedom and Tenure with 1970 Interpretive Comments, formulated by the Association of American Colleges and Universities and the American Association of University Professors, as expressed in the Faculty Contract. Academic tenure follows the Faculty Contract.
- Academic Honesty – Policy, Process, and Procedures
- Civil Rights and Title IX Compliance
- Copyright - Western Libraries
- Disability Access Center - Background & Overview for Faculty
- Ethics Policies - WWU Policies & Procedures
- FERPA (student privacy)
- Relationships Policies